Hi guys! Hope you are all well! For the lead up to Fiona Keary’s 5 Step Style Transformation Workshop at the Canberra Centre. I was given the opportunity to interview her! Read below for some fun questions I asked her.
1. What is your favourite season for fashion?Definitely Autum/Winter! I blind people in summer with my bright white legs. I love layering, wearing big coats, knits and of course boots. I also love the winter palette of deep plums, forest greens and navy.
2. Three things you never leave home without?
My phone, tissues and lip balm. Yep, I’m boring.
3. If you could tell your younger self anything, what would it be?
Embrace your style – everyone is different and that’s ok. You don’t have to be the same as everyone else, that would be boring. When you are really clear on what you like and who you are you end up making less mistakes and feeling so much more confident. Your aim should be to get dressed in the morning, love it and then not give it a thought for the rest of the day.
4. What is one trend you never want to see again?
The bubble skirt – been there done that. Not great for my body architecture and it gives me flash backs to my Year 5 disco. We’re seeing some nods to the 90’s at the moment and that is freaking me out a little as I did it so badly the first time round. Maybe I can redeem myself this time.
5. You have an amazing story, but if things didn’t happen the way they did, would you be in a different industry/career?
I’m pretty confident that I’d still be doing what I am. It’s a privilege to be invited into someone’s life to help them transform their style and increase their confidence. To be given that trust to help them create a wardrobe full of pieces that they love is very special. I’m a very lucky woman.
6. Who is your style icon and why?
Oooh, that’s a tough one. I am a huge Audrey Hepburn fan – so elegant, playful and graceful. I’d like to think that I’m playful (as I sit here in my animal print wellies and spotty jumper).
7. What is one fashion trend that you shouldn’t love but you do?
I love anything that sparkles or shimmers, even for day. I have sequinned converse trainers, t-shirts, bags, jackets, dresses. I’m slightly obsessed. My other love at the moment is all things animal print. I just can’t get enough.
Much love – Dusk Avenue